Here at Universal Music Group we take your privacy seriously, and we’re dedicated to providing you with the best possible music experience. Across all of our communications – whether that’s social media, advertising, or even email – we want to make sure we’re delivering marketing messages to you from your favorite artists effectively. That way we show up in the right place at the right time.
To do this, we will occasionally need to share some information about you to our partners to ensure that you get personalized updates from the artists you love.
Do you live in California?
Californian’s have certain rights around how companies collect, use, disclose, and share personal information. We want to deliver the best possible experience to you, the fan, while maintaining this level of privacy. To deliver this experience, we use industry-standard advertising business practices that may be considered a “sale” under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
What does that mean though? Here’s how we might “sell” that information:
- By allowing advertising networks with whom we partner to place cookies or other tracking technologies through our sites; and
- By sharing hashed or pseudonymized identifiers with advertising networks to create audiences for use in online advertising
California residents have the right to request:
- Disclosure of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you;
- Deletion of your personal information that we maintain; and
- To opt out of the sale of your personal information.
Know Your Privacy Choices
You’re in the driver’s seat here. There are a variety of privacy choices you can make to suit your preferences. Here at UMG you have two distinct categories of information that you can adjust based on what you’re comfortable with:
- Profile Information includes your name, email or physical address, purchase history, and other information that identifies you and you may opt out of the sale of your Profile Information, designate an authorized representative, make a general privacy request, or request additional information by either contacting the UMG Privacy Office or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cookie Data includes data associated with your interactions with UMG websites, stores, or apps that use identifiers that cannot directly identify you and you may opt out of the sale of Cookie Data use the cookie consent tools available on our sites. Look for a banner, link, and/or button with the text “Cookie Choices.”
UMG may verify requests regarding Profile Information by confirming that you control the email address associated with your personal information. If necessary – and taking into account available technology, security and privacy concerns, and the burden on our business – we reserve the right to take additional steps or require additional information to verify your request.
This is a safe space and we want you to know that you will not receive any discriminatory treatment for exercising your privacy rights.
Phew! Glad we got through all of that. If you’re still scratching your head or have additional questions or concerns, contact the UMG Privacy Office.
Now let the music play!